Sunday, February 02, 2014

i just watched Her and I have to say, it's easily one of the best movies I have ever seen. Period.

You come out of the theaters, with an aching sense of melancholy, and it leaves you with such a strong feeling of sadness. An aching heart can certainly resonate with this show.

"The past is only a story we tell ourselves"

"Sometimes, I think I have felt everything I'm every gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt"

"You know what, I can overthink everything and find a million ways to doubt myself"

The last part of the movie, where Theodore wrote a last letter to his ex-wife, was especially aching, at least in my context:

"Dear Catherine, I've been sitting thinking about all the things I wanted to apologize to you for. All the pain we caused each other. Everything I put on you. Everything I needed you to be or needed you to say. I'm sorry for that. I'll always love you 'cause we grew up together and you helped me make me who I am. I just wanted you to know there will be a piece of you in me always, and I'm grateful for that. Whatever someone you become, and wherever you are in the world, I;m sending you love. You're my friend to the end.

Love, Theodore"



No comments: